- 2012: CCST Urology Greek DoH No 5950/11
- 2011: FEBU European Board of Urology
- 2009 - 2011: MSc Minimally Invasive, Laparoscopic and robotic surgery University of Athens Medical School, under Prof. Ch. Tsigkris MD, PhD Leicester and Warwick Medical School, University of Leicester
- 2002: MBChB
Post Graduate Education
2010 International School of Urethral surgery
i. Universitätsklinikum Hamburg-Eppendorf, Prof. M. Fisch
ii. Centre for Reconstructive Urethral Surgery, Prof G. Barbagli
iii. University College Hospital London, Prof A.R. Mundy
- January 2012 to date: Urologist Private Practice Athens, Greece
- December 2007 – December 2011: Urology Resident Athens Army Veterans Hospital, Consultant: Dr M. Kyriakopoulos and Dr P. Kalligeros
- December 2006 - May 2007: Urology Resident Athens Naval Hospital, Consultant : Dr M. Athanasiades
- August 2005 - February 2006: Urology Registrar Leicester General Hospital NHS, Leicester, UK, Consultants : Prof. T.R. Terry
- February 2005 - August 2005: Urology Registrar Leicester Royal Infirmary, Glenfield Hospital Leicester, UK, Consultants: Prof W.M. Harper, Mr R.A. Power
- August 2004 - February 2005: SHO General Surgery, Lower GI and Breast, Peterborough District Hospital, UK, Consultants: Mr A.D. Wells, Mr T.I. Abdullah
- February 2004 - August 2004: Honorary Clinical Anatomy Demonstrator, Univ. of Leicester UK, Medical School. Dr Gulamhusein, Head of Clinical Sciences Department University of Leicester.
- August 2003 - February 2004: SHO Accident and Emergency Leicester Royal Infirmary, UK. Consultants: Prof T.J. Coates, Mr A. Kumar, Dr P. Mukherjee
- April 2003 - August 2003: Urology House Officer Leicester General Hospital, UK, Consultants: Mr T.R. Terry and Mr D.E. Osborn
- December 2002 - April 2003: General and Vascular Surgery SHO United Lincolnshire Hospitals, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston, UK, Consultants: Mr Z. Mohan and Mr M.Z. Khan
- August 2002 - December 2002: Medical House Officer, Department of Integrated Medicine, Leicester General Hospital, UK, Consultant: Dr N.Vijaykumar
1. Current trends in minimally invasive reconstructive urology. I. Belibasakis, G. Kolostoumpis, K. Makrygiannaki. Journal of Robotic Surgery, November 2011, pp. 1-9
2. Jaw necrosis secondary to the use of bisphosphonates in the therapy of prostate cancer. I. Belibasakis et al. Hellenic Urology, 2011; 23(3): 245-247
3. Renal colic due to spontaneous perirenal haematoma secondary to antiplatelet medication: two case reports. I. Belibasakis et al. European Journal of Emergency Medicine. April 2008; 15(2):102-103.
1. “Length of time of intubation following CABG”, Glenfield Hospital, Leicester.
2. “Manipulation and reduction of anterior dislocated shoulder within two hours”, Leicester University Hospitals Accident and Emergency Department.
3. “Predicted AAA repair mortality using the POSSUM score?”, Pilgrim Hospital, Boston.
1. I. Belibasakis, T. Nikas, M. Kyriakopoulos. Optical Internal Urethrotomy in the management of urethral stenosis: Our experience. EAU 6th SEEM Istanbul, Turkey. October 2010
2. G. Kolostoumpis, I. Belibasakis. E- health services in Balkan countries: The principles, strategies and challenges – CARS 2010: Computer Assisted Radiology & Surgery / 24th International Congress – Geneva, Switzerland – June 2010
3. I.Belibasakis. H. Harikrishnan. Is the pre-operative search for synchronous colonic cancers worthwhile and cost-effective following a diagnosis of rectal cancer? A 3-year audit Review. National Meeting of the Association of Coloproctology of Great Britain and Ireland, London. July 2005.
1. 4th Masterclass of Genito-urethral Surgery : Institute of Urology, University College London, London 2010
2. Ureteroscopy and Ho laser lithotripsy, ELPEN, Athens, Greece, April 2009
3. Operative skills in Urology 1-2, RCSEng, September 2008
4. Basic Surgical Skills Course, Leicester General Hospital, September 2004.
5. Advanced Trauma Life Support, Leicester Royal Infirmary, April 2004
6. Immediate Life Support. Leicester Royal Infirmary, August 2002.
- Honorary Clinical Anatomy Demonstrator teaching undergraduate students from Leicester and Warwick Medical School.
- Presenter in meetings of the Hellenic Urological Association, NIMTS Hospital, Athens
Languages: English, Greek, German
- Dr M. Kyriakopoulos, MD, PhD
- Consultant Urological Surgeon 417 N.I.M.T.S. Army Veterans Hospital
- Monis Petraki 10-12
- Athens, Greece 11521
- Tel. +30 2107288001-30
- Prof. M. J. Galinanes
- Consultant Cardiac Surgeon
- University Hospitals of Leicester NHS Trust Glenfield Hospital
- Groby Road Leicester LE3 9QP
- Tel. 0116 2563031
- Fax. 0116 2502449
- e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dr P. Kalligeros MD, PhD
- Consultant Urological Surgeon
- 417 NIMTS Army Veterans Hospital
- Monis Petraki 10-12
- Athens, Greece 11521
- Tel +30 2107288469